Memphis is a versatile place, from scrumptious local meals to a rich history; it offers the tourists a delightful experience. Instead of jamming to rock ‘n’ roll or blues on a lazy weekend, why not visit the city where the music originated from? After all, a trip to Elvis Presley’s Graceland estate is something exciting and memorable.
Traveling in the U.S. has a very streamlined procedure. However, before you begin to pack the essentials, make sure you have applied for us visa esta. The esta is crucial for tourists, and your plans might go for a toss if you neglect this aspect!
The Top Motels in Memphis TN
After a long day of exploration, we all would love to come home to some luxury and pampering. The following motels in Memphis will give you an experience like no other.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Lakeland: The outdoor pool at Super 8 seems to be very inviting after a tiring day to decompress and rejuvenate. It is also located in one of the city’s prime areas and is close to multiple places of tourist attraction. Not to forget, the lovely continental breakfast to impress your taste buds.
- Motel 6 – Downtown: The lush green surroundings will immediately draw your attention, and they also have round the clock service to cater to your needs. If you want to take a stroll to the iconic Beale Street, this motel will be the best fit because it is just about 2.3 km away.
The best area to stay in Memphis
The preeminent area to stay in the city is, by no doubt, Downtown Memphis. It has an excellent cultural blend with the chimes of lovely blue music and houses the Beale Street. From Muddy Water to B.B. Kings, Beale Street has harnessed the legendary music scene here and created an atmosphere so chill and lovely.
All the critical places in Memphis, such as the Mud Island Riverwalk and the National Civil Rights Museum, are easily accessible from this location. It is close to Mulberry Street as well. The street houses the hotel where the assassination of the revolutionary Martin Luther King Jr. took place.
Things to do in midtown Memphis
Set aside a day in your trip to unwind from the drama and relax in midtown at Memphis!
- Brooks Museum of Art: Art is a form of therapy for many, and you can learn more about it by attending a couple of sessions hosted by the museum. Just sink in admiration of the resplendent sculptors, painting, and photographs, and you will seek inner bliss.
- The Levitt Shell: You would not want to miss the spot where Elvis Presley once played, would you? This place hosts about fifty concerts every year, and you can discover a lot of young and raw talent.
- 17 Berkshire: Pamper your taste buds with some cakes, assorted pastries, and delicious macaroons.
- Café Eclectic: If caffeine gives you the daily energy boost, you must visit this café. To enhance the beverage experience, you might want to try the world’s best omelet.
The Best Historical sites in Memphis TN
Memphis has an exciting history; it has seen both triumph and pain. Uprising from the war and slavery and becoming home to the best musicians in history, the city has many places that can give you a little glimpse of the past.
- Cotton Museum: Memphis dominates the cotton market in the world today, and you can learn all about the process of how cotton is obtained and graded. The place will also give you an insight into how the cotton trade took place ages ago and the reformations to present times.
- Stax Museum of American Soul Music: This place is not very well known, but it has given some world blockbuster music. Notably, Sam and Dave, Aretha Franklin, and Al Green have recorded their masterpieces here.
- Mud Island River Park: It houses the to-scale model of the Mississippi River, and you can take a walk along the river’s course. It is an intriguing experience to understand the changing course of the river. Make sure you also visit the Mississippi River Museum because it will tell you a tale dated 10,000 years ago.
Memphis is a great place to explore, and if you are a music lover, you would not feel like returning from here. To make this nostalgic trip come to life, you have to be extremely careful with your documents, especially us esta visa. Once you have administered, you need to regularly check esta application to ensure that it is processed correctly. Memphis will be expecting you soon!