How to connect your Ecwid Store with Facebook
One of the great features of Facebook for businesses is that you can set up an online store on your Facebook page. With over 1.55 billion active Facebook users, it’s a great source for potential customers. Many businesses already use Facebook to share content and engage customers so why not add sales to the equation? In this blog article, we explain how to connect your Ecwid shop to Facebook, so customers can buy on both your Trendzer site and your Facebook page.
Facebook is more than a social network
“Hold on”, you say, “People don’t go on Facebook to buy products, so why would should I open a store there?” A valid question! So picture this: you’re chatting with a friend in a coffee shop when your eye falls on the sale sign of the shop across the road. After you finish your coffee, you decide to have a quick look, and you end up buying a new pair of sunglasses. Your Facebook store is like this shop; you can attract people’s attention away from socialising, and inspire them to buy, even if they didn’t plan to.
Once you have a Facebook page for your business, you can set up an ecommerce tab on your page. Potential customers can easily see and reach your shop, and you can post status updates and relevant news stories just like on your personal Facebook page. You can really get your brand out there because of the social nature of Facebook, and of course you can advertise special deals for your Facebook customers. It will only take 10 minutes out of your day to set up your Facebook Store, and then you can sit back, relax, and reap the rewards!
How to set up your Facebook Store
To set up a Facebook store, you need to be signed up to an online shop app. Trendzer websites have the option to integrate the online store app Ecwid with their website, which means that Trendzer customers can link their Ecwid shop profile to their business Facebook page. As the products and stock are all managed in Ecwid, both shop fronts will always be up-to-date.
If you’re already using the Ecwid shop functionality which you can integrate with your Trendzer website, any changes you make to your product portfolio in Ecwid will automatically show on your Facebook shop as well. So everything is seamlessly organised and updated using just your Ecwid shop.
Here is how you connect your Ecwid shop to your Facebook store:
- Open the Ecwid app: apps.facebook.com/ecwid-shop and click on ‘Install App’.
- Make sure your business page in selected in ‘Facebook Pages’ and click on ‘Add Page Tab'.
- Now go to your website admin page, and click on the e-commerce app. Then click on ‘view all orders’ to go to your Ecwid store.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and copy the Ecwid Store ID.
- Paste the Store ID into the Ecwid Store ID field on your Facebook app and click ‘Save’.
- You can now change the settings to make sure the layout is as you want it.
- After saving that, you can check what the store looks like on your Facebook page. It’s in the Products tab.
- You can change the position of the Products tab to be more prominent by clicking on ‘More’ and dragging it up in the hierarchy.
That’s all! For more details go to the Ecwid help page or get in touch with your Trendzer Digital Expert who can help you out with this, on 0800 047 6777.
< Back to Blog page