Free advice: 0800 047 6777
0800 047 6777
Header Background

Use our Blog to keep your business performing online and increasing
its digital revenues

5 top Facebook tips for small businesses

Facebook marketing


It’s no surprise that more and more businesses are turning to Facebook to drive traffic to their website. With a massive 864 million users logging in every day, Facebook is the world’s largest social network and the second most visited website in the UK, after Google.

Free of charge and easy to use, there’s no reason not to harness the power of Facebook for your organisation. Read on for some simple tips that will help you to attract new customers and build loyalty for your brand!


1) Make sure your page is complete

This one might seem like a no-brainer, but this is an error that businesses make with their Facebook page all too often. Nothing looks less professional than a lazily completed profile that omits crucial information. Make sure you fill in all required fields, including up-to-date contact information, a link to your website and keyword-rich descriptions. You should also make sure you are using the images on your page to your advantage; we recommend using a good quality image of your logo as your profile picture and an eye-catching professional photo that’s relevant to your main products or services as your cover photo.


2) Post regularly

Keeping to a regular posting schedule is essential for gaining and retaining followers. Posting to Facebook ten times in one day and then neglecting it for a whole month is going to do nothing for you. There’s no set formula for the ‘right’ frequency of posts on Facebook – it’s different for every business, so don’t be afraid to experiment with it! Try posting differing amounts of content, at different times of day and days of the week to see what gets the most engagement from your followers. Then, once you’ve found a posting schedule that works for you, stick to it! This is now easier than ever as Facebook allows you to prepare posts and schedule them to be published on your page up to 6 months in advance.


3) Create compelling content

Studies show that Facebook users are less committed to the businesses they engage with than those on other social media platforms, with 30% of active users ‘un-liking’ a page in the last month. It’s not enough to simply keep your page fresh by regularly adding new content - followers expect you to provide compelling content that’s entertaining, informative or useful to them in some way. Again, this is a case for testing what works for your audience, but in general photo and video posts tend to be better at grabbing people’s attention than simple text statuses. Exclusive offers and competitions are also a great way to attract new followers and keep existing ones engaged.


4) Remember the 80/20 rule

Posting too much promotional content is one of the worst things you can do on Facebook. No one likes that person who only ever talks about themselves, and that applies to businesses too! A good rule of thumb is to dedicate just 20% of all your content to promotional messages and the other 80% to content that’s interesting to your audience. Facebook is built upon reciprocation – you can’t just broadcast the information that you want your followers to see, you have to offer something for them in return, in the form of engaging content that’s relevant to their specific interests and needs. Share content from other sources that you think your audience will enjoy, whether that’s news articles, blog posts, infographics or even funny memes, and see what works best for you.


5) Be responsive

Check your Facebook page regularly so that you can keep on top of any interactions with your followers. If somebody comments on a post or sends you a message, this is the perfect opportunity to show them that your business cares. Even if it’s a complaint, a prompt, carefully worded response can go a long way in demonstrating your commitment to providing great customer service.

Blog Categories

Want to find out more? Book a demo or a call back

Send us your details and we’ll call you at your earliest convenience.
Let us know if you’re interested in seeing a demo or just looking for a general chat about your options.

Call Us Free


When is it a good time to call?

There's no obligation to buy after your demo (it's free!) but we think you'll love it